Prime real estate for a visit back to my beloved city. And the weather coordinated its sun with my arrival, adorning the tops of buildings with a light pale yellow as it rose over a architectural mix of new and old in Gastown.
Everyone has a standard chocolate chip recipe, one passed down through family lore or given by a kind neighbor. These can range from chewy to crunchy, with or without nuts. This recipe has a slightly crunchy exterior and soft interior. The chocolate chips are held in a fluffy vanilla dough. Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups flour
1 pinch nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cups white sugar
1 cups brown sugar
1 tbl vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a baking sheet with a thin layer of butter.
2. Combine flour, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla together in a large bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Add in the chocolate chip; stir until incorporated.
4. Place small amounts of the dough – ½ inch in diameter – on to the baking sheet.
5. Insert in to the oven, and bake for 10 minutes, until browned on the edges. Allow to completely cool before serving.
Pray. Eat. Enjoy bribing a friend with chewy deliciousness in return for a bed.